How To Cope With Homework In Primary School: Effective Guidelines
Students in primary school do get homework. The work may be for reinforcement of an idea, to introduce a new idea, for a study skill, or a study guide for upcoming evaluations. A strong study skill foundation at an early age is important for success in future years. We can help you to cope with homework in primary school with our effective and easy to use guidelines.
Effective Guidelines on how to Cope with Primary School Homework
- The right tools-your child’s teacher will send home a supply list. You need to buy those supplies. A child who is young can be easily frustrated if he or she does not have the right tools. If money were an issue, I would recommend you buy early to spread out the cost or you hit the dollar stores. The tools don’t have to be expensive, at all.
- The right study area-with older kids, I always recommend they have a secluded study space. I do not think the kitchen table works for them at all. I do think an area near the kitchen table or the common area is best for younger students. You want to be able to keep an eye on your child and to be nearby if they struggle with a concept or assignment.
- Help only-you must let the child do the work. When you step in and do the work for them, you just taught them several bad lessons. It is okay to help your child or to point him or her in the proper direction, but doing your child’s work is never good. It teaches your child that there will never be struggles and that cheating is okay.
- Be positive-primary school homework can cause some frustration. You, as the parent, have to be the positive link. If you get mad or upset, then your child will follow you. This is never effective. This guideline is very important when you want to cope with the work from primary school.
- Snacks and play time-young children need to play, run, skip, and jump. This is a requirement for them to have a healthy mind and body. They cannot cope without physical release. They also need snacks for their young bodies. When trying to have an effective routine for homework always make sure to add in a snack and a playtime.